Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Jessica's Room

I've been working for a couple weeks trying to update my now 13 year old daughters bedroom. It's been nearly 7 years since we've changed anything in her room and she's gagging at the pastel pinks blues and greens she chose so long ago.
So far I've repainted her wooden headboard, desk and dresser and reupholstered the stool cushion for her vanity.
Most of the furniture in her room is hand me down, thrift store or garage sale finds, including her vanity that I purchased for $25. The headboard was $15, dresser $15 and the desk has been around for about 20 years.
(Eventually this kid might get something new!)
The big letter J? A cereal box :D
I still have a lot of work to do including: adding a poster to the drawers of the newly painted dresser so it doesn't look like it belongs in a 4 yr old boys room, repurpose part of my old desk for book shelves and make her a study area with her current desk in half of her closet :D







No comments:

Post a Comment